Trainer Biography: John O. Sherrill CIRO, RAI
- 45+ years performing and instructing all aspects of Industrial Refrigeration including operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, energy efficiency, and Process Safety Management/Risk Management.
- 40+ years management experience in engineering maintenance, office administration and human resource.
- RETA Certified Industrial Ammonia Refrigeration Operator (CIRO).
- RETA Authorized Instructor (RAI)
- Lead Instructor/Coordinator at Garden City Community College Ammonia Program from 1999 to 2001
- Lead Instructor/Coordinator at Lanier Technical College Ammonia Program from 2001 to 2008.
- Founder/President/Lead Instructor Midwest Ammonia Training Center from 2010 to 2015
- Instructor at Wagner-Meinert, LLC from 2015 to present.
- Journeyman Papers in HVACR, Delaware Department of Labor
- Inactive Universal HVACR license in Indiana & Delaware, Inactive Unlimited Electrician License in Delaware
- AS in Psychology, Garden City Community College
- AAS in Industrial Production Technology, Garden City Community College.
- Studied Business Management, Friends University
- Completed 8,000+ hours of advanced training in technical trades, management and supervision.
- Refrigerating Engineers and Technicians Association (Member since 1999, Past Board Member, Past Education Committee, Member Education Committee.)
- International Institute of Ammonia Refrigeration (IIAR), (Member since 2000, Past Education Committee Member, Past Safety Committee Member, Corresponding Member Standards Committee, Voting Member Compliance Guidelines Sub-Committee and the Standard 9 - RAGAGEP Committee).
- Refrigerating Service Engineers Society, (Member since 2016)
- Recipient of the Guy R. King Award for excellence in Industrial Refrigeration Education.
- Recipient of the RETA Venemann Award for Outstanding Service to the Refrigeration Industry